South Africa is one of the most popular safari destinations in the world, and for good reason, it’s is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including the Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and buffalo), as well as stunning landscapes and a rich culture.
If you are thinking about booking a safari in South Africa, here are 10 reasons why you should choose Durban Safaris and Tours.
- We offer a wide range of safari experiences. Whether you are looking for a day trip, an overnight safari, or a multi-day safari, we have something to offer everyone. We also offer a variety of different safari activities, such as game drives, bush walks, and cultural experiences. We offer trips to both the Kruger National Park and the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve; day trips, overnight 2 day trips and longer multi-day safaris with plenty of optional extras on all our trips.
- We have experienced and knowledgeable guides. Our guides are experts in the South African bush and wildlife. They will be able to show you the best places to see animals and teach you about their natural habitat. All of our guides are registered with the Department of Tourism and hold first aid certificates and professional driving permits to ensure you’re n the safest of hands.
- We offer competitive prices. We are committed to providing our clients with the best possible value for their money. We offer a variety of discounts and packages to make your safari more affordable. We believe that wildlife safari experiences should be accesible by everyone and so we now have a budget safari option for everyone one of the multi-day safari tours.
- We have a proven track record of excellence. We have been in business for over 20 years and have a reputation for providing our clients with an unforgettable safari experience. We have nothing but 5 star reviews on TripAdvisor, ToursByLocals and Google Reviews not too mention hundreds of direct emails from happy and satisfied clients.
- We are committed to sustainable tourism. We believe in protecting the environment and supporting local communities. We work with responsible tour operators and lodges that are committed to sustainable practices. Every destination and experience is carefully curated to ensure neither humans nor animals are mistreated in any way.
Here are 5 more reasons why you should book a safari in South Africa with Durban Safaris and Tours:
- South Africa is home to the Big Five. The Big Five are the five most iconic animals in Africa: the lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and buffalo. Seeing all five animals on a safari is a truly unforgettable experience. Here in KwaZulu Natal the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve is one of the best reserves to view elephant and rhino, while St Lucia is amazing for hippo.
- South Africa has a diverse range of wildlife. In addition to the Big Five, South Africa is home to a wide variety of other animals, such as giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, hippos, and crocodiles. You are also likely to see many different species of birds.
- South Africa has stunning landscapes. From the rolling hills of the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands to the rugged peaks of the Drakensberg Mountains, South Africa is a country of breathtaking beauty. You’ll instantly fall in love with late afternoon game drives as the sun colurs everything with a golden hew – truly our most favourite time fo day,
- South Africa has a rich culture. South Africa is home to a diverse range of cultures, including the Zulu, Xhosa, and Afrikaans cultures. You can learn about South African culture by visiting traditional villages, attending cultural performances, and tasting local cuisine.
- South Africa is a relatively safe country to travel in. South Africa has a reputation for being a crime-ridden country, but this is not entirely fair. With a little common sense and caution, you can safely travel to South Africa and enjoy your safari experience; after nearly 20 years of tours, we have not had one negative experience!