Durban is home to not only the largest indigenous population group in South Africa (the Zulu people) but also has the largest population of Indian people outside of the Indian subcontinent. On this Durban Towhsnip and Mahatma Gandhi Day tour you’ll have an opportunity to learn more about the Zulu and Indian people of Durban.
- Cost: just R1450.00 per person (min 2 persons).
- About GBP £60 / USD $76 per person*
- Group discounts apply.
- Entry fees included.
- This is a private tour.
Durban has a fascinating history with the fortunes of the Zulu, Indian, Dutch and British peoples are intertwined. From the creation of the first “townships” to the Beer Hall protests, the Anglo Zulu war where the disaster of Isandlwana occurred followed by the heroism of Rorkes Drift, to the birthplace of the founding members of the ANC and the home of Gandhi, Durban truly is the soul of South Africa.
On this fantastic Durban day trip you will have an opportunity to experience;
- A visit to the township of KwaMashu.
- Walk the home of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Visit the Victoria Market.
- Walk through the Zulu herbal markets.
- Try a Durban favorite, a “bunny chow”.
Shelldon arranged for our small group to visit an authentic Zulu village a few hours outside of the city. It is not a typical tourist venue and the big bus tours do not go there. We had a fabulous local guide meet us when we arrived and through him we got to experience the manner in which the Zulu people live today. It was fascinating in every respect.TripAdvisor
What’s Included on this Day Tour
- All entry fees included.
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation.
- Fully guided tour.
- Visit a township.
- Explore the Mahatma Gandhi site.
- Walk through the Zulu markets.
- Visit the Victoria Street market.
- Taste test of bunny chow.
- Lunch for your account.
- Tips and curios not included.
Book This Township and Mahatma Gandhi Day Tour
If you’re ready to book your spot on this great day out learning more about the Zulu and Indian people of Durban, or you’re wanting more information or even want to make some changes to the itinerary, then get in touch.
- Call Shelldon on +27 (0) 74 995 6669
- Email: email@example.com
- Use the convenient contact form below.
- We’ll collect you from your accommodation at 8:30am in our air-conditioned vehicle.
- Our first stop is the township of KwaMashu where you’ll get to learn about the challenges faced by many South Africans today.
- Next up we’ll visit the historical home of the Mahatma Gandhi followed by a visit the the home of John Dube.
- After a short lunch break we’ll then head to the Zulu and Indian Markets.
- Finally we’ll be done by 3:00pm
Why You Should Book This Tour
- We have over 10 years of experience planning and running tours.
- We have worked hard to ensure we have nothing but 5 star reviews.
- All of our tours are planned with your safety and comfort in mind.
- All tours are private! No sharing of tours.
- All our guides are qualified with presentable credentials and all of them hold first aid certificates and professional driving permits.
- Most importantly, we love what we do and our country, and we want to show you why!