Made famous by the films “Zulu” and “Zulu Dawn”, the events that occurred on the 22nd and 23rd January 1879, continue to capture the imagination of enthusiasts around the world. On this amazing 3 day Rorkes Drift and Isandlwana tour package, you will have an opportunity to discover why the evens that occurred at these historic sites still resonate today.
- Cost: just R8,990.00 per person (min 2 pax).
- About GBP £373 / USD $472 per person*
- Group discounts available.
- Entry fees included.
- Pick up and drop off in Durban or Richards Bay.
On this fantastic tour package you will have an opportunity to learn more about why the Anglo Zulu War started and learn more about the history of South Africa. Some of the sites that will be views are;
- KwaDukuza where King Shaka resided and drilled his warriors.
- Battlefield of Gingindlovu.
- Isandlwana and Rorkes Drift.
- Fugitive Drift.
- Blood River.
- The site of the Prince Imperials death.
We visited the Zulu Battlefields last week.From the moment he collected us at our hotel till the moment he dropped us back he gave us the best of days. He is so informative and enthusiastic about his subject that at the end of the day we appreciated so much more of how the battle came about and about its outcome.LondonNorman (TripAdvisor)
Want to cram even more into your South Africa vacation? How about adding a 3 day safari tour to the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve after your final day on the battlefields. Click the link to view the 3 day safari tour.
- Accommodation at the Rorkes Drift Hotel or similar.
- Dinner and breakfast.
- Pick and drop off in Durban or surrounds.
- Entry into all sites.
- Complimentary bottled water.
- Accompanied by qualified battlefields guide.
- Tips and curios.
- Lunch is for your account.
Book this 3 day tour to Rorkes Drift and Isandlwana
Are you ready to book this amazing battlefields tour to Rorkes Drift and Isandlwana? Looking for more information or want to explore other tours or options? It’s easy to get in touch with us using any of the convenient options below.
- Call or WhatsApp on +27 (0) 74 995 6669
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the convenient contact from below:
- You’ll start off your tour by being collected by your guide and soon will be on your way to KwaDukuza. Here you’ll learn more about what made the Zulu nation such a powerful opponent.
- Next up the battlefield of Gingindlovu where Lord Chelmsford was able to see off a large Zulu force.
- After a spot of lunch it’s onto Isandlwana, pausing along the way to consider the Zulu path to Isandlwana.
- Check in and rest up before dinner at the wonderful Rorkes Drift Hotel.
- After a hearty breakfast you’ll head out to Isandlwana and get to experience walking the field of battle with your guide.
- Once done you’ll return to the hotel for lunch and then head out to Fugitives Drift.
- Finally it;s time to head to Rorkes Drift for the remainder of the day.
- Then you return to the hotel for a well deserved rest and dinner.
- After breakfast and check out you’ll head out to the site where the Prince Imperial of France lost his life fighting the Zulus.
- Next up we head to the Battle of Blood River site for a short tour and lunch.
- Next up it’s time time to return to Durban.